J. MATTHEW HAYES, Member & Attorney
Matthew primarily practices in the following areas of law:
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Real Estate Agreements and Recordable Documents (e.g. purchase and sale agreements, deeds of trust, deeds of trusts, etc).
- Business Formation ( e.g. limited liability companies, corporations, etc.)
- Various Contract Drafting (e.g. contractor agreements, membership purchase agreements, etc.)
- Complex Landlord-Tenant Issues (e.g. Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, HUD, and Rural Development Properties; assistance with reasonable accommodations, etc.)
Matthew grew up in Florence, Alabama. He received his juris doctor at the Wake Forest School of Law located in Winston, Salem North Carolina. Matthew obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of South Alabama where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
Matthew’s hobbies include biking, pack rafting, skiing, backpacking, guitars, and fishing.
M. ELIZABETH VARELA, Attorney
Elizabeth’s practice areas include:
- Divorce and Family Law
- Custody and Child Support
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Domestic Relations
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
Elizabeth has spent more than 15 years practicing law in Alaska. She fluent in Spanish. Elizabeth truly cares about her clients’ well-being. She is passionate about supporting her clients during the most difficult stages of life and providing reassuring guidance through the court process.